Chisenhale Dance Space asks for all hirers and the general public to read and agree to our below Booking Terms, Cancellation policy, Hirers and Health and Safety Protocols prior to their visit to the building.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding these terms or policies.
CDS Accountable Space Principles
- You may only access the studio you have booked during your agreed booking times. This includes all set-up and pack-away time. If the hire exceeds the booked times, you will be charged the pro-rata hourly rate to the nearest 15 minutes.
- We operate with minimum booking times of:
- 4 hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00
- 2 hours: Monday to Friday 18:00-21:00 and on Weekends.
- We hire our space out in 1 hour increments, if your request falls outside of these times please email us.
- If you require storage or any technical support this must be agreed via email at least two weeks in advance of your booking date and may incur additional cost.
- Please ensure that you leave the space clean and tidy, closing all windows and turning off all electrical appliances. If additional cleaning is required, or if there is any damage to the studios this may incur additional cost.
- You may only access the studio you have booked during your agreed booking times. This includes all set-up and pack-away time. If the hire exceeds the booked times, the hirer will be charged the pro-rata hourly rate to the nearest 15 minutes.
- A building access code for timed entry to the building will be sent to you at least two working days prior to your booking time. This code is specific to your booking and is active from 15 minutes before your hire time until 15 minutes after your hire time. If you have booked multiple dates you will receive a different code for each date. Please circulate this code to all those attending the studios with you
Regular bookings online / via email
- We define a regular booking as any booking that is under 48 hours in length.
- Immediate payment is required to secure all regular studio bookings at Chisenhale Dance Space. We reserve the right to cancel any booking where payment is not made in advance of hire.
- If booking online, hirers will be asked to pay by card at the point of booking and a digital receipt will be sent.
- If booking via email, an invoice is raised as soon as a booking is agreed in writing via email, with a due date set of 3 days post confirmation. A digital receipt is sent upon payment.
- We are unable to hold or pencil bookings.
Large or recurring hires
- We define as:
- Large hire – a hire of over 48 hours in a short period of time
- Recurring – a regular hire that takes place over a long period of time/term e.g weekly classes or workshops
- For large or recurring hires, we ask for a 20% deposit holding fee with full payment due 6 weeks prior. Deposits are non refundable. It is up CDS Staff discretion whether a payment plan can be offered. All large or recurring hires, will receive and sign a hirers agreement, which can be found here
- We are unable to hold or pencil bookings.
Once an invoice has been raised the following booking cancellation policy will apply:
Regular bookings online / via email
- If a booking is cancelled more than two weeks in advance, you may request a 80% refund or credit for a future booking.
- If a booking is cancelled less than two weeks in advance, there are no refunds or amendments to your booking available.
Large or recurring hires
- If a booking is cancelled more than 4 weeks from the first date of the hire period, you may request a 80% refund or credit for a future booking
- If a booking is cancelled between 4 – 2 weeks from the first date of the hire period, you may request a 50% refund or credit for a future booking
- If a booking is cancelled less than 2 weeks from the first date of the hire period, there are no refunds or amendments to your booking available.
We understand that last minute changes may need to happen, and we will do our utmost to consider any extenuating circumstances. However, because of the small scale of our operations, we cannot guarantee this on every occasion. If this applies to your booking, please email email@example.com to discuss further.
CDS is not able to offer any refunds outside of these terms unless the building is forced to close. CDS will endeavour not to cancel bookings once they are confirmed and paid for by the hirer. However, in the event the space hired becomes unusable as a result of any mechanical breakdown, fire, flooding, explosion, strike or act, Chisenhale Dance Space retains the right to cancel confirmed bookings.
By hiring our studios, you agree to the following space hire protocols. Please ensure you read and understand them prior to booking.
On the day of your booking
- Please ensure that you leave the studios clean and tidy, closing all windows and turning off all electrical appliances. We are limited in our staff and would appreciate help in keeping the studios tidy for other users. If additional cleaning is required, or if there is any damage to the studios this may incur additional cost.
- No shoes may be worn in the dance studios unless arranged in advance. Additional charges will be applied to clean or repair the floor if it is found to be left in an unsuitable condition by the hirer.
- No items may be left in the room unless previously agreed with the General Manager
- Only drinks in bottles can be taken into the dance studios, no other food or drink should be consumed in these spaces. Hirers may consume food and drink in the communal lounge area or the kitchen.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the building; please see signage or ask at reception for the login details.
- When rehearsing late in the evening, users must leave the premises quietly, and respect our neighbours.
- No smoking is permitted in the building or any of the fire exits at any time, a smoking area is provided at the front of the building.
- We encourage hirers to read visit page and email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of their booking if they or any guests in their groups have access requirements that will require adjustments.
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
In line with our Safeguarding Policy (available upon request), children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times; when attending a class or rehearsal this may be the teacher or organiser.
When space is booked for use with children under the age of 16 years, Chisenhale Dance Space requires a chaperone ratio of no less than one adult per 10 children. Outside of classes or rehearsals parents must accompany their children in all areas of the building. Any space hirer working with children or vulnerable adults must have a Safeguarding Policy in place in relation to this work, and must be provided to CDS prior to the event.
Your safeguarding plans for the programme at CDS specifically should be clarified in your Risk Assessment, and should be signed off by the CDS’s General Manager.
Filming and Photography
Film or photographs taken should only be for personal use and should not be reproduced in any form, including digitally without permission. Please seek permission in advance for permission to film or photograph the studios for commercial purposes.
Social media videos recorded during a rehearsal or workshop rate booking must:
- be 60 seconds or less
- be non-professional quality (no professional equipment, static shot only, medium-low res quality)
- Credit Chisenhale Dance Space and tag @ChisenhaleDance on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Youtube, Vimeo or similar platforms not allowed
If you wish to record a video that does not fit the above criteria, please email email@example.com to make a filming or photography booking.
Health and Safety Protocols
You are responsible for ensuring that no activity takes place that might endanger the general health and safety of any person present in the building. If you are involved in higher risk activities on the premises where injury or damage may be possible you must provide us with a Risk Assessment and appropriate liability insurance in advance.
Any accident, incident, or near miss, however minor, should be reported to reception immediately or by calling CDS’s emergency number on 020 8191 0305. We ask that all visitors take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the welfare of others when using the studios. If you or a collaborator suffer an injury or are taken ill at CDS, please give them immediate attention and call 999 in serious cases. A First Aid kit is available in each studio
Please report all incidents to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the above emergency numbers.
Emergency Numbers and Information:
Address: Chisenhale Dance Space, 64-84 Chisenhale Road, London E3 5QZ
To contact CDS Staff or Reece McMahon (Executive Director) call: 020 8191 0305
CDS is now operating a key code entry system. You will receive an individual access code via email for your allotted time. You will need to enter your code at the downstairs Purple Door and upstairs White Door. Follow the access instructions below:
- To unlock the door, enter your access code followed by the “#” key. The doors lock automatically behind you.
Contact CDS Staff if you have any problems accessing the building.
Regular cleaners will be entering the building to keep the studios, public areas, surfaces and toilets clean.
Fire Emergency Plan:
Fire Escapes: The fire exits consist of the main staircase entry and the external fire escape from CDS’s Performance studio. These exits must be kept clear at all times, please do not obstruct them.
On discovery of a fire: activate the alarm, ring 999, leave the building by the nearest available exit route and proceed to the assembly point across the road at school gates on Chisenhale Road. Do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
On hearing the fire alarm: leave the building by the nearest available exit route and proceed to the assembly point across the road at the school gates on Chisenhale Road.
Do not re-enter the building until the emergency services advise it is safe to do so. A short fire alarm test will take place every Thursday. Please evacuate the building if it doesn’t turn off after 10 seconds.
Gas Emergency: Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999 if you smell/suspect a gas leak or the carbon monoxide alarms are beeping.