Chisenhale Dance Space, London (CDS) and The Work Room, Glasgow (TWR) have an affinity which both organisations are keen to build on. CDS was both an inspiration and considered as a model in the establishment of The Work Room in 2008. Both organisations are membership based, with an artist-led ethos, and are committed to supporting experimentation in dance. We are keen to explore how we can work together to amplify our programmes of residencies, artist support and artist-led projects.
We will kick-start this in July 2019 with the Artist Exchange.
We are looking for 4 independent dance artists (2 Members from each organisation) to come together for a week of conversation, research and sharing practice, 1 – 6 July 2019.
It will be time and space to explore themes pertinent to your practice with other independent artists. For TWR artists, there is also the potential to present work at CDS on Friday 5 July as part of our Future Fridays performance programme.
Each participating artist will receive:
- A bursary of £600
- Travel, accommodation & per diems for time outside their own city
All artists will participate in introductory planning session (held virtually) with the CDS & TWR team members. We then envisage the structure of the week being:
- Sunday 30th June: CDS artists travel to Glasgow
- Monday 1st – Tuesday 2nd July: studio time at The Work Room
- Wednesday 3rd July: morning event in Glasgow for wider Work Room membership & then travel to London together
- Thursday 4th – Friday 5th July: studio time at CDS & potential performance from TWR artists on Friday evening
- Saturday 6th July – brunch event & TWR artists travel back to Scotland
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Artist Exchange’ outlining:
- your interest in participating in this project
- your experience and approach to working collaboratively with other artists
- a question or provocation that is currently pertinent within your artistic practice that you would be interested in exploring with the other artists
Please include information on any access requirements to support your participation in this project.
If you would like this information in a different format or require support in preparing an application, please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org, cc’ing email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 10am, Monday 27th May 2019. The selection will be made by a panel involving members of both organisations.
Supported by The Work Room and Arts Council England. Please note, this opportunity is eligible only to 2019/20 Chisenhale Dance Space Members.