Summer Term Class Schedule
10:00-10:40 Mini Movers: Research Studio (Ages 2-3)
11:10 – 11:50 Mini Movers: Research Studio (Ages 2-3)
Nurturing creativity through movement has been a key aspect of our mission since its founding. Our Saturday morning Children’s Creative Movement & Dance classes offer a dynamic series of classes for children in local boroughs. Led by CDS Member Robyn Holder with Olly Otley, the programme nurtures the creative futures of nearly 200 children each term. The classes start at age 2 and run on a progressive programme up to the age of 9, building skills and knowledge in movement, rhythm and choreography. We always end the year with a performance which lets family and friends see what the children have created.
COVID-19 Summer term update (Updated 1st April)
Chisenhale Dance Space puts the safety of it’s staff, Members, hirers and participants first as we assess how to reopen the building and avoid the spread of COVID-19. Following recent government guidance and consultations with other organisations, we will be taking the following precautions:
– Implementing an enhanced cleaning regime including daily professional deep cleans of the building and in between classes.
– Hand sanitising stations are available as you enter the building and outside each studio.
– Clear signposting throughout the building including floor markings, traffic flow systems and COVID-19 safety information to encourage social distancing. This will include staggered drop off and collections for Children’s Classes.
– 2m floor markings will be visible in both studios and side-to side spatial formations used by facilitators.
– Strict capacities in each studio and across the building to allow for staff and visitors to move safely and observe social distancing.
– Reduced participant numbers for classes in line with social distancing measures and to comply with school guidance. We will also be operating a fixed group system for each class. Children/young people will be placed in age appropriate bubbles.
Please click here to read our Children’s Classes COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
If you have any further questions or require more information about our COVID-19 policies and control measures, please contact email@example.com
17 April – 3 July 2021
Half term break (no classes): 5 June 2021
To enquire about Children’s Classes, please contact us Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm on 020 8981 6617
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding and Inclusivity
As an organisation working with children, Chisenhale Dance Space is committed to taking action to promote the welfare of young people. We have implemented Safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure that every child, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity, can be protected from harm.
CDS is also committed to creating a culture of inclusion as an organisation and among its community. We have developed an Equality and Inclusivity Statement, and Anti-bullying Statement
Terms and Conditions
Collection policy: Parents of children younger than 16 years must stay in the immediate neighbourhood area of Chisenhale Dance Space whilst their child is in class, and must be present outside the door of the studio to collect their child at least 5 minutes before the end of class.
We require written permission from any parent whose child is permitted to travel and attend sessions independently. Please contact Chisenhale’s Operations and Education Manager Jessica Richards at jessica@chisenhaledancespace.
Children will be required to wait in the lounge next to the office if parents are running late, however we cannot guarantee supervision of unattended children at all times.
A registration form for each child must be filled out before the first lesson, either online or in hard copy on the first day. Registration details must be reviewed and updated at the start of each term for each child.
At Chisenhale Dance Space, it is paramount that we ensure the health and safety of our staff, participants and visitors as we assess how to reopen the building, deliver activity and avoid the spread of COVID-19. We have assessed both studio spaces and set the following reduced capacities/class numbers to comply safely with social distancing guidelines:
Mini Movers: Performance Studio – 8 children/ 8 adults maximum
Mini Movers: Research Studio – 5 children/ 5 adults maximum
Leaps & Strides – 14 children maximum
Creative Contemporary – 14 children maximum
Payments are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Classes paid for must be used in the term that payment is taken.
Concession rates are available to the following groups, proof required on the first day of class:
– Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Disability Living Allowance
– Full-time students (in possession of valid NUS or ISIC cards)