Creative Contemporary: Ages 7-9
Saturdays, 1:00pm -1:50pm
Spring Term Dates: Saturday 9th January – 27th March 2021
Price: £42.00 per half term or £7.50 per class. Concession Price: £4.00 per class.
Online until Saturday 13th February 2021
Following the government’s announcement of a national lockdown as of Monday 4th January 2021, Spring term 2021 classes will be hosted online, until it is safe to return back to the studios as soon as possible.
We are opening up our Online Children’s Dance Classes for all to attend until we return in-person to the studios. Please email email@example.com if you would you to sign up to these online classes.
CDS is thankful for funding from Action for Bow which has enabled the delivery of these classes under COVID-19 restrictions, and in line with this funding, priority is for participants who live in E3 2 & E3 5.
We are keen to encourage and enable as many participants from these postcodes to access these classes:
We have a number of additional bursaries available for families based in Bow for whom the advertised price is not affordable at this time. Please contact jessica@
chisenhaledancespace.co.uk in confidence, to request a bursary.
If your billing postcode is in E3 2 and E3 5 and there are no spaces available online, please contact Jessica to enquire if there are any priority places still available.
Stretch, leap and be inspired with Creative Contemporary!
This class introduces children to the principles and foundations of contemporary dance technique. We learn exercises and longer movement phrases, building physical coordination and confidence. Through guided improvisations, tasks and games, we explore our own creativity and have the opportunity to devise our own original dance sequences. We practice our performance skills and work towards a relaxed performance at the end of term.
Chisenhale Dance Space’s Children’s Classes Programme has been funded by Action for Bow this Spring term 2021.
COVID Safety and Adaptations:
Chisenhale Dance Space puts the safety of it’s staff, Members, hirers and participants first as we assess how to reopen the building and avoid the spread of COVID-19. Following recent government guidance and consultations with other organisations, we will be taking the following precautions:
– Implementing an enhanced cleaning regime including daily professional deep cleans of the building and in between classes.
– Hand sanitising stations are available as you enter the building and outside each studio.
– Clear signposting throughout the building including floor markings, traffic flow systems and COVID-19 safety information to encourage social distancing. This will include staggered drop off and collections for Children’s Classes.
– 2m floor markings will be visible in both studios and side-to side spatial formations used by facilitators.
– Strict capacities in each studio and across the building to allow for staff and visitors to move safely and observe social distancing.
– Reduced participant numbers for classes in line with social distancing measures and to comply with school guidance. We will also be operating a fixed group system for each class. Children/young people will be placed in age appropriate bubbles.
If you have any further questions or require more information about our COVID-19 policies and control measures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About your Creative Movement Instructor:
Robyn Holder graduated from London Contemporary Dance School in 2013. As a freelance dance artist she has been performing and teaching in the UK and Europe. She is a founding member of Feet off the Ground Dance, a performance collective that specialises in Contact Improvisation and Partnering techniques. Robyn has dynamic teaching experience covering a spectrum of ages and styles, including: creative dance, ballet, body conditioning and Contact Improvisation. In conjunction with Feet off the Ground Dance, she has been involved in introducing family jam sessions at Chisenhale Dance Space where she is a Member.
For questions about our classes, please email email@example.com or call 020 8981 6617 between 10am and 6pm.