Creative Contemporary: Ages 6-9
Saturdays, 12:00pm -12:50pm
Autumn Term Dates: Saturday 12th September – 5th December 2020
Click here to purchase
Price: £84 per term (12 weeks) / £42 Concession
Studio: Performance Studio
Maximum capacity: 14 children
We have a number of bursaries available for low income families based in Bow to access these classes. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Stretch, leap and dash into the studio with the Dash Dancers!
We learn contemporary dance exercises and longer sequences to develop our rolls, turns, jumps, timing, and technique with the emphasis always on fun and discovery. We develop solos and group work based improvisation and creative tasks. We also practice our performance skills by sharing our work with the group. Together we work towards a relaxed performance at the end of term.
COVID Safety and Adaptations:
Chisenhale Dance Space puts the safety of it’s staff, Members, hirers and participants first as we assess how to reopen the building and avoid the spread of COVID-19. Following recent government guidance and consultations with other organisations, we will be taking the following precautions:
– Implementing an enhanced cleaning regime including daily professional deep cleans of the building and in between classes.
– Hand sanitising stations are available as you enter the building and outside each studio.
– Clear signposting throughout the building including floor markings, traffic flow systems and COVID-19 safety information to encourage social distancing. This will include staggered drop off and collections for Children’s Classes.
– 2m floor markings will be visible in both studios and side-to side spatial formations used by facilitators.
– Strict capacities in each studio and across the building to allow for staff and visitors to move safely and observe social distancing.
– Reduced participant numbers for classes in line with social distancing measures and to comply with school guidance. We will also be operating a fixed group system for each class. Children/young people will be placed in age appropriate bubbles.
If you have any further questions or require more information about our COVID-19 policies and control measures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About your Creative Movement Instructor:
Robyn Holder graduated from London Contemporary Dance School in 2013. As a freelance dance artist she has been performing and teaching in the UK and Europe. She is a founding member of Feet off the Ground Dance, a performance collective that specialises in Contact Improvisation and Partnering techniques. Robyn has dynamic teaching experience covering a spectrum of ages and styles, including: creative dance, ballet, body conditioning and Contact Improvisation. In conjunction with Feet off the Ground Dance, she has been involved in introducing family jam sessions at Chisenhale Dance Space where she is a Member.
For questions about our classes, please email email@example.com or call 020 8981 6617 between 10am and 6pm.