This opportunity is currently postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information will be posted in the coming months. See our latest statement here.
Future Fridays is our regular programme of new work led by Chisenhale Dance Members. We see it as a context where Members can take risks and share new ideas in front of a casual, supportive audience.
The work shown is usually either in the early stages of development, or on its first outing as a completed work. A Future Fridays night might be one long-form work, a double or triple bill, or an event with an unconventional format – anything goes, as long as it fits within 90 minutes!
Support from CDS includes:
- £200 guaranteed fee (split across whole evening), with 70% box office share of income over this amount (after 2.5% fees)
- Access to Performance space and technician from 5pm-10pm on the day
- Front of house staffing, marketing support, and ticketing through our website
- Documentation by professional photographer and fixed camera filming
The performance and get-out should be completed by 10pm, through we may be able to be flexible if discussed in advance. Members are welcome to apply for additional ACE funding to support their performance.
How to Take Part
The next season of Future Fridays will run Sept-Nov. The lead artist must be a Member of Chisenhale Dance Space, but you are welcome to involve artists from outside CDS. You can apply with a full evening of curated work, or a shorter work that we can pair with other Members. Work needn’t already be finished, we’re happy to hear about your ideas at whatever stage.
The programme is facilitated by Marketing and Programme Coordinator, Es Morgan, in collaboration with Director, Daniel Pitt. The selection panel will include at least three CDS Members, and will consider the following priorities:
- Experimental (unconventional) approaches, whether in relation to process, ideas, form or format
- Work that isn’t being shown elsewhere in London
- A diverse programme of artists, in line with active change-making across the organisation to better support Members of Colour
If you have any questions, or if this form is inaccessible to you, please email: email@example.com, or call 0208 981 6617.
We have a fund available to help make this opportunity more accessible to artists taking part. This could be related to disability, neurodiversity, child care, or something else. If you would like to talk about the fund please email Es Morgan: firstname.lastname@example.org.