Chisenhale Dance Membership is now closed for applications.
More information will be posted in the coming months, as we learn how the organisation will be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. See our latest statement here.
The information below applies to the period prior to April 2019.
Chisenhale Dance Membership does not operate like other Membership programmes: it is neither a fundraising strategy, nor a funded artist development scheme. Instead, it is a community.
Many Members’ chose to use their Membership in different ways, and at different times, but the more you put in, the more you will get out.
Programme and Artist Development
- Create, curate and contribute to the Member-led programme across all strands of our activity – see the ‘Opportunities’ tab above
- Apply for residencies, commissions, bursaries and other opportunities when they arise.
- Be part of selection panels for commissions and opportunities
- Advice and project support time with staff
- Be part of a supportive community of artists
- Lower, subsidised-price Rehearsal studio hire prices
- Run a workshop or classes in the studios at Members’ Rehearsal rate prices (excluding 7-9pm Mon-Thur)
- Available next-day studio space for free, bookable after 5pm evening before.
- Earn studio time by volunteering as a Venue Assistant through our Work Exchange programme
Organisation and Community
- Attend Members’ Meetings and the AGM to input into the strategy and ethos of the organisation
- Regular ‘Chisenmail’ Member-only emails with news and opportunities
- Join the private Members’ Facebook Group
- A profile listing on our website