Your child will be inspired over a week of creative dance that explores art and dance by going upside down, high and low, making shapes and new friends! Young dancers will be immersed in dance games, new styles of movement with elements of contemporary dance and yoga/stretching as well as creative tasks where they can have a go at making their own dances.
The week will feature visual art that children can respond to in dance, using lines, levels and dynamics. As a group they will paint a collaborative mural that relates to the new art they’ve seen and parallels how we can be moved to recreate works in space with our bodies and creativity.
- Children should wear clothes they are comfortable moving in.
- No dance shoes are needed. Children can wear socks or go barefoot.
- Any paint used will be washable, but bear in mind it may get on hands and clothes!
- Please bring a snack for you child each day and leave with the office for snacktime.
- Please bring a labelled bottle of water for your child to have during class.
About the camp leader:
Robyn Holder graduated from London Contemporary Dance School in 2013. As a freelance dance artist she has been performing and teaching in the UK and Europe. She is a founding member of Feet off the Ground Dance, a performance collective that specialises in Contact Improvisation and Partnering techniques.
Robyn has dynamic teaching experience covering a spectrum of ages and styles, including: creative dance, ballet, body conditioning and Contact Improvisation. In conjunction with Feet off the Ground Dance, she has been involved in introducing family jam sessions at Chisenhale Dance Space where she is a Member.
Terms and Conditions
Payments are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Concession rates are available to the following groups, proof required on the first day of class:
– Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Disability Living Allowance
– Full-time students (in possession of valid NUS or ISIC cards)